EPU-NTUA offers management scientific services covering all life cycle phases of programmes and projects.
EPU-NTUA participates in the design, formulation, detailed analysis, monitoring, control and evaluation of National, EC and International Programmes during the last 15 years. Additionally, through the participation in the design of the management structures for big infrastructure and RTD programmes, EPU-NTUA has accumulated considerable experience and specific knowledge of modern & effective management tools and organisational structures. The programme and project management scientific services offered by EPU-NTUA include:
- Regional development programmes
- Sectoral development programmes with emphasis on energy, environment, transportation, & ICT development, education and public works programmes
- Individual large projects carried out by public or private authorities, organisations and companies.
Monitoring and evaluation
EPU-NTUA holds scientific specialisation, expertise and long experience in the management and implementation of monitoring and evaluation of programmes/ projects. This experience extends to more than 15 years in the past and refers to projects conducted for major public sector authorities and private organisations as well as the Unit’s involvement in the implementation of the EC ROM system from 2002 till today but also in the EC Tacis Monitoring since its start (1993).
The monitoring and evaluation services of EPU-NTUA include:
- Organisational and general scientific advisory services to regional and/or central authorities for the monitoring and/or evaluation of their programmes/ projects
- Direct monitoring and evaluation of programmes and projects on behalf of the financing organisations or the recipients.
Within this framework, the Unit prides in-depth experience in programme/ project analysis and design, in PCM/ LFA methodology and in development and use of output, performance and impact indicators, acquired through its long lasting involvement in the design, implementation and monitoring of technical assistance and external assistance programmes and projects of the EC (Cards, Tacis, MEDA, ISPA, PHARE etc), as well as of National Community Support Frameworks and other EU financing tools.
In the same framework, EPU-NTUA provides management and decision support services in the planning, design, implementation and monitoring of Sector-wide Approaches, Sector-Policy Support Programmes or General Budget Support interventions.
EPU-NTUA has significant expertise and know-how in using modern computerised monitoring/evaluation methods & tools and in the design & development of tailor-made computerised monitoring/ evaluation systems, including:
- Physical/ economic/ financial monitoring
- Assessment of results/ impacts evaluation (ex-ante, on-going, ex-post)