In the scientific area of Electronic Government and Electronic Business, the laboratory pursues research and development of novel methods and tools, for boosting productivity of businesses and administrations through the use of information and communication technologies. In this context, there is a strong and lasting collaboration with academic and research institutions, public sector organisations and enterprise research centres, for the specialization and application of such novel approaches. Acquired knowhow is channeled in the creation of vocational and academic training material, and the implementation of high quality academic work in the eGovernment and eBusiness domain.
Areas of Expertise
Tools and Reusable Expertise
- Greek eGovernment Interoperability Framework: more than 500 organisational, semantic and technical standards for eGovernment Interoperability.
- eGovernment Service Registry with 1,000 public services definitions and 2,000 public service forms.
- More than 300 government and 100 business processes for South-Eastern Europe in BPMN.
- More than 200 XML schemas definitions using UN/CEFACT/CCTS for public services forms (applications, certificates, payments, etc)
- Legal issues database, for e -Invoicing legislation in Eastern Europe (Greece, Turkey, Bulgaria, Romania, Cyprus, Czech Republic)
- Legal elements ontology, for governments & parliaments.
- Complete e-learning courses in eGovernment and Interoperability.